Sunday, November 23, 2008

Charlotte's Cast


Charlotte, Charlotte, Charlotte. She was the first person in our family to break something. She broke the record. She was kind of happy that she had broken something.
Here is how the story goes. One day my mom took me to karate. After she took me, she took the other kids to the park. Charlotte went straight to the monkey bars. After a while it was time to go. My mom yells, "Charlotte come on!" Charlotte looks at all of the kids running to the car. She yells back to her mom,"I'm stuck!" Charlotte was in the middle of the monkey bars. The car started. Our mom said to let go, like we always do. So, she lets go and limps back to the car crying. My mom did not say anything on the way home.
That night Charlotte is still saying that her leg hurts and she won't walk on it. She was crawling around the house. My mom thinks that she was just whining about it and she was not really hurt. My dad said that we should take her to the hospital. Two days later, my Mom takes her to the hospital, and it turns out that she broke her leg after all. She broke her tibia and wore a cast for four weeks, and in the middle of summer, too! She was four years old.

No comments: